Tuesday 6 May 2014

HOW FAR CAN ONE GO WITHOUT COURAGE, AND CONFIDENCE


          BENEFITS OF COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE

Life is indeed what you make it to be. I once thought that with life i could get whatever i wanted, little did i know that what you do in the present will affect what will happen in the future. When i was growing up i wanted to so much help those who were helpless, give them a place where they could be  appreciated and a reason for them to always look forward to tomorrow but one thing i know for sure  is that i lacked courage, and  confidence.

I grew up with only  wishes and expectations, and as  they say if wishes were  truly horses  every beggar would truly ride on them (in that case i would be the beggar). I kept on wishing and hoping but i never took the chance to actually take/make the first step. How i wish i did make that step has being the recurring song in my mind. If i accomplished that which i wanted to, when i was young i sure would be singing another song but as they say Gods time is always the best. If i started my mission way back there is so much that i know now, that i never knew back then, and as they say knowledge is power. I will not lie and say that there were never times when i did not want to use the little knowledge i had just to help another person, but is it better to help  a person from your heart and with facts, than to help a  person just because you think they need your help??????? That is left for you to answer.........

I gained the two vital things in my life ie( courage, and confidence) after i was diagnosed  with Epilepsy condition. It was traumatizing, Stressing and at the same time not  accepting what had already being diagnosed. With  time i  learnt to accept myself and also try and give the society hope, love, and as much as one cant understand another persons weaknesses, i decided to do that which is termed as out of reach.

My main objective so far is to create awareness, give hope to the hopeless, be my brothers/ sisters keeper and  all  this i am  capable of doing  because i have gained courage, and confidence and because i have a goal i want to achieve and with success. I am a mentor to so many people and that is one of the things i thought i could  not do, but  surprisingly it happens to be one of the things that i do best. Having gone through so much while growing up, and my ideas ignored just because i live with the Epilepsy condition made me want to show the world that Epilepsy  is just a condition and one that will not stop me from achieving my childhood dream of making the world a better living place for people living with Epilepsy condition.

Many may still continue to term it as  the Devils decease, an outcast, or even say that WE are cursed but one thing i will tell the people who live with the condition is one: accepting to be stigmatized will surely drag you behind, but if you accept yourself and know that you have as much a right as the rest, then you will surely go far. That is what i did with myself and my  friends as i can see, i know that the sky is my only limit.
Basicneeds kenya has played its own part by laying a platform for me, all that is left is for me to take the first step and of which i have. Accepting my condition and using my gained knowledge to create awareness is my first step to my success, and giving to the world without accepting a thing in return and especially to those who  live with Epilepsy condition and the Mentally ill people that is an objective achieved with success. COURAGE AND CONFIDENCE HAS TRULY TAKEN ME TO GREATER HEIGHTS.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment